Caring Place Healthcare Group is dedicated to caring for and promoting the health and well-being of our residents, families, and staff. Our culture is unique, based on behaviors and values that set us apart and drive our success. The 12 Fundamentals that follow describe who we are, how we do our work, and how we treat our customers, partners, and each other. We call it The Caring Way.
1. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Own and protect your work-life balance and take care of yourself at home and at work. Know and communicate boundaries and when you need to take a break to refresh and recharge. To give your best, you must be at your best. Be a steward of our most valuable resource: you!
2. DO THE RIGHT THING, ALWAYS. Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to doing the right thing in every action you take and in every decision you make, especially when no one’s looking. Always tell the truth, no matter the consequences. If you make a mistake, own up to it, apologize, and make it right.
3. MAKE QUALITY PERSONAL. Demonstrate a passion for excellence and take pride in the quality of everything you touch and everything you do. Have a healthy dislike for mediocrity. Good is not good enough. Always ask yourself, “Is this my bestwork?”
4. FIXPROBLEMS AT THE SOURCE. Address issues by discovering the root cause rather than simply tackling the symptoms.It’s better to invest time in developing a long-term solution rather than simply applying a “Band-Aid.” Create systems and processes that support our ability to perform with consistency. Strong processes are the foundation of organizational effectiveness.
5. BE VIGILANT ABOUT SAFETY. Know and practice the safety procedures for your job. Watch out for the safety of your teammates as well, for we’re all part of our company’s family. Never take shortcuts that compromise your safety or that of your teammates.
6. THINK TEAM FIRST. It’s not about you. Don’t let your ego or personal agenda get in the way of doing what’s best for the team. Be there for each other and be willing to step into another role or help a co-worker when that’s what’s required for success. Help each other to succeed.
7. COACH PEOPLE TO PERFORM AT THEIR BEST. People are the foundation of our success. We have great people who want to do well, are capable of doing great things, and come to work fired up to do them. Create clarity by discussing expectations to help drive people toward success. Provide support by giving people the tools, information, training, and coaching they need to succeed. It means continuous effort to develop people’s skills.
8. DELIVER RESULTS. While effort is important, people expect results. Follow-up on everything and take responsibility to ensure that tasks get completed. Set high goals, use measurements to track your progress, and hold yourself accountable for achieving those results.
9. FIND A WAY. Take personal responsibility for making things happen. Respond to every situation by lookingfor how we can doit, rather than explaining why it can’t be done. Be resourceful and show initiative. Don’t make excuses or wait for others to solve the problem. If you see it, own it, and make sure it gets done. See issues through to their completion.
10. BE POSITIVE AND “BRING IT” EVERY DAY. Have a passion for what we do and be fully engaged. Make the most of each day by approaching everytask with energy,focus, purpose, and enthusiasm. Work with a sense of urgency to get things done. Your attitude is contagious, so smile and make someone’s day. Choose to be joyful, optimistic, and enthusiastic.
11. TREAT EACH OTHER LIKE FAMILY. Our relationships go deeper than simply being teammates at work. We genuinely care for and about each other. Whether it’s a kind word during a tough stretch,a friendly smile each morning,or a helping hand in stressful times, show your compassion.
12. CELEBRATE SUCCESS. Recognize people doing things right, rather than pointing out when they do things wrong. Regularly extend meaningful acknowledgment and appreciation — in all directions throughout our organization.